Lord of Grace Endowment Fund
The Lord of Grace church established an Endowment Fund on February 15, 2015 after approval from the Congregation.
Where there are many opportunities to fulfill the mission of Lord of Grace Lutheran Church, some opportunities call for monies not available from regular church giving. The Lord of Grace Lutheran Church Endowment Fund allows the church to enhance the mission, outreach and ministry of the Congregation.
By using a portion of the annual earnings of the congregation’s Endowment Fund, the Fund continues to grow and provide a permanent source of income to support the church’s outreach with a variety of special ministry opportunities. The Endowment Committee appointed by the LOG Council, serves as stewards of the fund.
Purpose of the Endowment Fund is to enhance the mission outreach of LOG
- Endowment Fund principal shall be prudently managed and invested to ensure safety and security of principal with growth and income
- A minimum of ten percent annually of the Endowment Fund income shall be invested for growth of principal
Distribution of Fund Income
Endowment Fund income not invested for growth of principal shall be distributed as grants and allocated as follows:
- 20% for outreach into community and synod
- 15% for missions of ELCA in this continent and worldwide
- 20% for facility preservation, capital improvements and repairs, debt reduction, or building programs
- Income from the FUND which is not dispersed will remain in the FUND principal
Donors can make contributions to the Endowment Fund by a variety of methods. Gifts of all sizes and in many forms are welcome.
- Bequests and Memorials
- Life Insurance
- Real Estate
- Gifts that provide a stream of income
If you are considering a gift to the Endowment Fund, you are encouraged to seek advice in putting together a plan that is best suited to your personal situation.
Our Tradition of Giving
The tradition of charitable giving is as old as Lutheranism itself. During the Reformation, Martin Luther called upon people to establish a “common chest” from which food, clothing and other necessities could be distributed to people in need.
This tradition of giving and caring continues today. And it doesn’t require great wealth to make a gift. One hundred gifts of $100.00 to the Lord of Grace Lutheran Church Endowment Fund goes as far as one gift of $10,000.
Phone – 520-744-7400